The Hawaiʻi Museums Association (HMA) announces an open call to artists and graphic designers, living in Hawaiʻi. We are looking for a newly created logo to update our organization’s profile and promote our institutional mission.
“Hawaiʻi Museums Association (HMA) is a non-profit corporation dedicated to communication and cooperation among the staff and supporters of museums and related institutions in Hawaiʻi. HMA strives to be a catalyst for the exchange of information and ideas by promoting and developing an ongoing program of training, networking and publications. HMA stimulates interest in and promotes information about museums as important educational and cultural centers.”
- Open to Hawaiʻi residents 18 years and older.
- There is no entry fee.
- The design must be original and created specifically for this contest.
- Licensed images that have been previously published or used are not allowed.
- Artists must have the rights to use any fonts that are included in their design.
- The designer of the selected logo will receive a $500.00 award!
- Theme: The logo should be recognizable and help promote our organization’s mission.
- Design: The logo will be used on our website, social media platforms, and other media (stationary, pamphlets, t-shirts, etc). Your design should be eye-catching, versatile, and simple to read for large and small formatting.
- Color: The logo may have up to 5 colors and should also be appealing for black and white use.
- August 1, – December 1, 2020
- Winning entry will be announced December 15, 2020.
- Fill in the entry form and send it with your logo design.
- Include a short statement describing your thought process or significant meaning of your design.
- Format as a high-resolution JPG, 300 dpi or higher. You may submit up to 3 variations of the same entry logo.
Entries will be reviewed by the Hawaiʻi Museums Association, Board of Directors, for final selection. The designer of the selected logo agrees to assign the ownership, copyrights, intellectual property rights, and original files for the logo to HMA.
The Hawaiʻi Museums Association reserves the right to reject any or all applications, in whole or in part, and to modify or terminate the application process or the selection process if the Association finds there is a cogent and compelling reason to do so.